Saturday, June 27, 2015

My Real Techniques Collection

Hiii peeps,

I thought it would be a great idea to do an updated post of a post I already did some years ago, have a look >>>> HERE <<<<

Real Techniques brushes are my favorite brushes because they are just so handy, their unique design and the pay-off deal you make when you buy a set or single brush. I have some that are like 4 years old and I still use them almost every day and when I wash them they might look like they are new. Not a single brush died so far or has lost a big amount of hair if no at all.


Now let's be honest, just look at those amazingly designed brushes, every single is just beautiful. And everyone who owes a set will probably understand my love for this brand. I also included a few times a set in my giveaways and I only got good responses to them. I also never heard anyone complaining about them. Just a few people claimed the stippling brush would fall apart after some time but I haven't experienced that personally.

The only brushes I don't have YET are the brushes from the Bold collections but that's because they came out only recently and I'm waiting till they are available at the shops I would normally buy them.

PURPLE COLLECTION


You see 5 brushes that are included in the Starter Set (deluxe crease brush, base shadow brush, accent brush, pixel-point eyeliner brush & brow brush), and the brushes I bought after my RT collection post are the domed shadow brush, the fine liner brush, the lash-brow groomer and recently I got the silicone liner brush.
  • Deluxe crease brush: I love using this brush for my cream concealers or for zit covering
  • Base shadow brush: I apply eyeshadow over the whole lid with it. The form of the hairs is well shaped, you could also blend your crease with it.
  • Accent brush: Great to apply eyeshadow under the eyes and for the inner corner of the eyes.
  • Pixel point eye liner brush: I only use this brush when I decide do a Cleopatra.
  • Brow brush: I know I said in my previous RT brush review that I don't like this brush so much but I found a eyebrow product I can use it perfectly with and I changed my opinion about it. Althought I belive it could be a bitter thinner thought.
  • Domed shadow brush: I haven't used it that much yet but I use it from time to time to apply an eyeshadow over the whole lid or to just blend my crease.
  • Fine liner brush: I prefer this liner brush over the pixel point eye liner brush because it's half as thick and you can apply your liner very thin and more precise
  • Lash-brow groomer: I haven't used it to brush throught my eyebrows much, I believe the hairs are way to hard for that but it's a great comb for the eyelashes thought
  • Silicone liner brush: I only used it once so far to apply my new Anastasia Beverly Hills cream colors as eyeliner and I thought it did a great job.
Nic's Picks Set

 

This is a limited edition set, grab it if you can before it's too late!!!!!!
I forgot the eyeliner brush on this picuture but I will update this picture when all of them are clean again. Sorry lol
  • Eyeliner brush: Only used it once since it's very much new but I like it. The angled head gives you optimal control for your eyeliner. This is a set exclusive, so you won't be able to get it as a single brush, another reason to buy this set.
  • Base shadow brush: This is the same brush as the the one that comes in the Starter set. 
  • Angled shadow brush: Also a set exclusive! Perfect for layering eyeshadow in the crease, kind of of a blending brush.
  • Cheek brush: And another set exclusive!!!! I LOVE this brush, great to apply blush or bronzer on and under your cheeks, great for contouring.
  • Duo-fiber face brush: I like to use this brush for loose powder or to remove eyeshadow that fell off on under my eyes.
Base shadow brush:

 

The new vs. the old!!!


I think the new one has a slightly thicker shape than the old one. And of course they have different colors but only because they are from two different sets. They do the same job thought, I haven't noticed any difference in that and that's what counts. ^^

Duo-fiber face brush:


The old vs. the new!!!

 

Same brush and I can only say the same about these two as I did about the base shadow brush! The new one is slightly thicker when it comes to the shape, different color but same feeling while working with it.

DUO-FIBER COLLECTION:


Not such a big fan of this set. I believe you don't really need any of these brushes really.
  • Duo-fiber face brush: As mentioned above for lightweight application
  • Duo-fiber contour brush: I sometimes use this brush for my cream blushes or to apply loose powder under my eyes
  • Duo-fiber eye brush: For finishing touches to the eye.  
PINK COLLECTION


From left to right: Setting brush, stippling brush,  multi task brush and the blush brush. I bought all of these as single brushes!
  • Setting brush: Great to apply hightlighter to the cheeks and powder under the eyes.
  • Stippling brush: My favorite stippling brush! Self-standing, handy and blends in foundation like a dream.
  • Multi task brush: For effortless powder, blush & bronzer application.
  • Blush brush: Another brush favorite! Beautiful and also photogenic brush lol And does the blush job so well
Collector's Edition Sculpting Set:


One of the newer sets that came out, it has a high-shine pink instead of the classic matte and it's a LIMITED EDITION!!!!!
  • Setting brush: Great to apply hightlighter to the cheeks and powder under the eyes.
  • Fan brush: Whisks away any excess of makeup.
  • Sculpting brush: Love, love, love this brush!!! The angled form of the brush allows to creat a defined contoured look but I also love to use it to apply my foundation and it does a really well job for that too.
Setting brush:


The new vs. the old!!!

 

Same brush I would same except for the high-shine pink instead of the matte.

ORANGE COLLECTION


From left to right: Powder brush, contour brush, essential foundation brush, expert face brush & buffing brush. Three of these brushes are from the Core Collection, I actually forgot to include the detailer brush in this picture, maybe because I never use it.
  • Powder brush: Great to apply hightlighter to the cheeks and powder under the eyes.
  • Contour brush: To contour or to create a sheer, soft focus finish
  • Essential foundation brush: I think this brush was renamed in the new core collection set. It's supposed for liquid foundations but I never use htis brush unless all my foundation brushes are dirty. Not a big fan of it, it has nothing special to me.
  • Expert face brush: Must have brush! I love the design, works so well for so many different things but mostly for foundation applying.
  • Buffing brush: Full coverage application of powder, mineral foundation and also great to apply blush or blend it in. My most used brush of all I have! You can see that I use it very often since the color of the brush washed out .
Miracle Complexion Sponge


Last but not least, the miracle complexion sponge! I love this sponge, one of the best on the market so far.
  • Grounded sides blend large areas of the face with a repeated dabbing or stippling motion.
  • Precision tip covers blemishes and imperfections.
  • Falt edge for the contours around the eyes and nose.
And you could probably do a lot more things with it. I have two of these :D 
They are made from polyurethane foam which is latex free. They recommand you to replace this sponge every 3 months.

And that's it for my Real Techniques Collection show off!!! I wish you a great weekend and I hope you'll read more soon.

With much love,

IrSaDa

1 comment:

  1. Real Techniques brushes are sooo nice <3
    I really want to get the Multi-tasking brush and the setting brush because it looks really amanzing for highlighter :3
    Take care*

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment ^^